sean at pentex.org
Mon Jan 24 09:28:37 EST 2000
You really don't want to do that, as most disk activity will cause
the defrag to restart, and after a bunch of these detected restarts,
windows defrag (which I assume you're using as you have not specified
another app.) will bring up a dialogue stating such and wait for input.
I can't imagine you're using rc5 while doing video editing... are you?
How does that impact your editing software performance?
On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:58:20 PST, Ryo-ohki informed me that
"MICO Olivier" wrote:
* Hi !
* since the 800x client version under Win32 there is something very annoying :
* the client stops when it detects windows defrag running, i've got a 23 Go
* hard drive that takes about 1hour to defrag. With my cpu it is something
* like 32 rc5 blocks that are not calculated, and i must keep my hard drive
* defragmented because i'm working with video files and cd burning...
* Would it be possible to include in the next client version the possibility
* to let the client running when defrag is running, if prefer defrag re-start
* every 4 minutes instead of loosing block calculation...
* Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
* To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
* rc5-digest subscribers replace rc5 with rc5-digest
Sean Matheis (sean at pentex.org) ICQ: 1276699
"I've travelled memories to be reborn"
- Avalon Rising, "Reborn"
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net
rc5-digest subscribers replace rc5 with rc5-digest
More information about the rc5