[RC5] SETI@HOME Interview on BBC

Paul Walker paul.walker at st.com
Mon Jan 24 10:35:47 EST 2000

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 10:48:24AM -0500, panchonb at maindex.com wrote:

[snip interview comment]
> They seem to understand, that flashiness is not efficent... but that having
> more non-efficient clients counter acts the non-efficiency...

Only from some points of view; for example, after reading that they'd made
no effort to optimise anything about 386, I've now more or less ditched the
seti at home client which I was running. I'd rather take part in a project
which does try and get the best from its resources.

--
Paul

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the Beans of Java
that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes
a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
 -- stolen from source unknown, in the SDM

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net