CD-burning... was Re. [RC5] defrag

Ben Ketteridge ben.ketteridge at proact.net
Tue Jan 25 09:33:32 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gunny" <gunny at dma.be>
Subject: Re: [RC5] defrag

> Off-topic: didn't I read and advice somewhere that it was better to stop all
> unnecessary programs for cd-burning? Or does this info dates from the
> 486-period?
This certainly was the case a couple of years ago... at a former company, we
had
a burner where we even had to reboot the PC into non-network mode to improve
the
likelihood of a successful burn! (in the days when writables cost \pounds 10
each,
and a burn of a full CD took half an hour, or more!)

Modern PCs and burners do not have this restriction.... certainly the one I use
now has no such problems!

Tara,
Ben.

| Dr Ben Ketteridge: ben.ketteridge at proact.net, ObjectLab Group |
| ProAct International, PO Box 100, Denbigh. Tel: 01745 817161. |
|"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If he's a Mac|
| user he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" - Tom Clancy |
European Anti-Spam Petition - http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net