[RC5] Video editing

Scott Dodson sdodson at gateway.net
Wed Jan 26 21:21:25 EST 2000

> but, as I saw in another reply to this, do you run dnetc whilst editing
> video?
> not many editing suites leave much cpu to other processes, (well, adobe
> premiere doesn't anyway)

Many video suites use the capture card for most of their processing.  I
think this is a feature of high end systems, such as Avid.  But they
shouldn't require too much cpu.  We had a good adobe station on a p-133 and
it had plenty of power.  Also keep in mind that they're usually only active
when rendering or viewing video, timeline viewing and such isn't too
intensive.

-sdodson

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net