[RC5] Video editing

Ryan_McConigley at notes.dola.wa.gov.au Ryan_McConigley at notes.dola.wa.gov.au
Fri Jan 28 17:49:13 EST 2000

> but, as I saw in another reply to this, do you run dnetc whilst editing
> video?
> not many editing suites leave much cpu to other processes, (well, adobe
> premiere doesn't anyway)

     I run detc on my machine (Cyrix P150) at home when I do captures and
editing.  The capturing seems to work fine, but I'm only doing
15fps/240*320 at 16bit.  With that I can capture until I run out of diskspace
with no problems.  As for the conversion and things, well, its a slow
machine.  I usually start it off, then let it churn away for a few hours
and when I come back its done.  If dnetc adds a few minutes to that I
definately wouldn't notice, but I was curious and had wintop running when I
did some captures the other day, that virtually knocks out the dnetc and
uses pretty well all the CPU, then once its finished the rolls are
reversed.

     Cheers,
          Ryan.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net