[RC5] regards to laptop dying

Sean Matheis sean at pentex.org
Thu Jan 27 18:40:51 EST 2000

It doesn't have to be running 24x7 closed.  It depends a lot on the
laptop in question.  My Dell Inspiron 3000 has had its motherboard replaced
twice now, once from the rc5 process heating up the CPU to the point of
burning the soundchip.  The other was a faulty AC input.

In contrast, I had an older Dell 486 happily running in the corner,
24x7, for weeks with no problems.

-Sean

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:00:37 EST, Ryo-ohki informed me that