[RC5] Adverse effects of participation?

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 27 23:53:47 EST 2000

The most adverse effect I had was my electricity bill. One
for the power to run all the machines, 10 in on room. Two
on my cooling bills, nothing like 10 machines in 120 degree
room, 'cause my air conditioning really could not keep up.
Oh well.

Servers are fine 24/7. Most PC's will do good 24/7. Laptops
will usually crap out after a few weeks of 24/7. Go
figure... Really, how much better are your stats going to
be by having one or two laptops crackin' 24/7. Even if they
were brand new 400Mhz or faster laptops it wouldn't be
worth the cost of power to run them just for RC5. Trust me
on this, RC5 is NOT THAT important.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net