[RC5] Visualizing Keyspace

Ben Ketteridge ben.ketteridge at proact.net
Wed Jan 26 09:59:02 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georg Thurner (TC Int'l / G.Thurner)" <georg.thurner at topcall.co.at>
Subject: [RC5] Visualizing Keyspace

> What about a graphic which visualizes the keyspace ?
>
> A simple rectangle with different colored dots representing:
>
> Blocks issued for the first time (with no result received sofar)
> Blocks issued with a result returned
> Blocks re-issued
>
> I think such a graphic would help to understand the progress we make in
cracking
> keys.
YES! This would be really useful in getting new users, I am sure.
Although the axes would be carefully thought out, as the block space is really
rather one-dimensional! (sorry have no suggestion just now, but will think on
it)

Tara,
Ben.

| Dr Ben Ketteridge: ben.ketteridge at proact.net, ObjectLab Group |
| ProAct International, PO Box 100, Denbigh. Tel: 01745 817161. |
|"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If he's a Mac|
| user he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" - Tom Clancy |
European Anti-Spam Petition - http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net