[RC5] Adverse effects of participation?

Don Hayashi donhayashi at mediaone.net
Mon Jan 31 11:14:36 EST 2000

One thing to keep in mind is that the client maxes out the CPU usage
more than any other program that I know off. The new Altivec core on
my G4/450 PowerMac runs much hotter than the other two RC5 cores
which run much hotter than my most demanding application AfterEffects
(video compositing). There is a 60F jump from idle to running
RC5/Alivec.

I worry that the manufacturer of the computer never really considered
someone running the CPU that hard 24/7. Even a maxed out server is
waiting for memory and HD access much of the time.

Don Hayashi

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net