[RC5] Adverse effects of participation?

Brandon Zaleiski zcii at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:55:23 EST 2000

>Servers are fine 24/7. Most PC's will do good 24/7. Laptops
>will usually crap out after a few weeks of 24/7. Go
>figure... Really, how much better are your stats going to
>be by having one or two laptops crackin' 24/7. Even if they
>were brand new 400Mhz or faster laptops it wouldn't be
>worth the cost of power to run them just for RC5. Trust me
>on this, RC5 is NOT THAT important.

I have run my compaq pII 266 for well over a year 24/7 cracking rc5, csc,
des and have NO problems whatsoever, and let me tell you the armada model i
have is notrious for heat build up.  Actually the effects of running D.net
have turned out to keep a more even keel on my laptop temp, probably because
the fan runs full time instead of only when the temp hits a preset(to high
in my option) level.

....but its your hardware soo.....

Brandon Zaleiski