[RC5] Frequent "HTTP Get" calls

Ben Ketteridge ben.ketteridge at proact.net
Thu Jun 1 11:08:45 EDT 2000

Hi,
We have a firewall on our internet connection, as most companies do, and it is
detecting an HTTP Get from my linux client to dnet every five seconds or so.

Can anyone tell, first, why this is the case, and second, how to prevent it. I
would really only like the client to contact dnet every 12 hours or so, to
fetch and flush, AND NOTHING ELSE!

Version: dnetc v2.8007-458-CTR-00020606 for Linux (Linux 2.0.36).

Tara,
Ben.

| Dr Ben Ketteridge: ben.ketteridge at proact.net, ObjectLab Group |
| ProAct International, PO Box 100, Denbigh. Tel: 01745 817161. |
|"Never ask a man what sort of computer he drives. If he's a Mac|
| user he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" - Tom Clancy |

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net