[RC5] What's going on here, folks?

Zulfiqar Naushad zna at home.com
Mon Jun 12 16:42:33 EDT 2000

I didn't receive the letter regarding the buzzing gnat, but whoever sent
it, I say it's probably his stench the gnat is attracted to.

That aside......

Here is what I think.  RC5-64 is a dandy project, I think it's
great.  HOWEVER and a big HOWEVER is that I want my CPU to do something
more "useful".

For example, dcypher.net is running Gamma Flux which measures radiation
decay so that we may be able to store our waste radiation more efficiently.

That is a project I like because I can say that my computer contributed to
the betterment of mankind.

I still think that distributed.net runs a better show than dcypher.

Please don't send retarded e-mails stating that if I want something
different, then I should switch.

I want distributed (the people I like) to do what I feel is worthy.

Lets settle this democratically.  Why not have a vote of some sort??

At 01:46 PM 6/2/00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 02:32 PM 5/30/2000 , you wrote:
>
>>Did anyone else hear an annoying gnat buzzing around their ear, too?
>
>Not really, its a valid gripe. I'd really rather be doing OGR too, or even
>better have the v3 clients so we can do a variety of things.
>
>I'm being patient because I know that the d.net guys are doing their best,
>but it is kind of frustrating to see very little to nothing in the way of
>progress for the last two months. So I can understand where he's coming from.
>--
>"Curiousity may have killed the cat, but lack of it is slowly killing
>humanity..."
>- segmond
>
>Chris
>http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus/
>
>--

Zulfiqar Naushad
zna at home.com
ICQ: 6001618
50 Megs web hosting for only $19.99 Canadian Dollars!!  Visit
http://www.exacomp.com
Need the latest drivers for your video card?  Go to
http://www.videocarddrivers.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net