[RC5] Getting the maximum performance out of a single processor machine

tomdv at datatx.com tomdv at datatx.com
Tue Jun 13 20:05:24 EDT 2000

Dear Steve,

I agree with you, having a PC working all day just on code cracking does
add to global pollution. And if you take all those PC's, it's a lot of
energy. But if you take that reasoning a bit further then you should not
buy a PC. Constructing it already consumes a lot of energy. So, if you
don't mind me saying, in my opinion you take it one step too far.

Dnet is also entertainment, why else the stat-box? How many hits do you
think it has a day? I personally am not in for the money, I am pretty sure
I will never find the key but it's the effort that counts and the fun.
Boring? Like hell it is boring. When people hear the 'moo', they often ask
me if it can't produce anoher sound every once in a while.

My conclusion is it's fun, although a bit an abstract kind off fun.

Cheers,

Tom

"Steve Clark" <sclark at pilat.com>@lists.distributed.net on 12/06/2000
16:28:51