[RC5] What's happening with OGR; new clients, now what??

dan the person motion at es.co.nz
Wed Jun 14 00:01:26 EDT 2000

Could we have some sort of comment from those involved in the
OGR project of a likely ETA?

I mean new clients mysteriously appear with all sorts of OGR fixes and
improvements, but no mention as to whether this means OGR is about to
restart.

The only indication given is on the OGR projects web page where is was
mentioned 4 months ago that OGR had been 'temporarily' suspended to fix
the tiny bug, and make a few other improvements while we're at it.

Given that we were 23% through OGR in a couple of weeks, four months is
hardly a temporary pause.

How about bringing back the monthly 'state of the distributed.net
address'  It was a great way to keep us up to date on the goings on.
The .plan mailing list is useful (and very buggy) but it mainly details
the daily goings on of one unreliable linux stats server.

Anyway, keep up the great work, i'm sure OGR will be a great piece of
work when we're finally get there.  Now i'm off to install the client on
my car stereo....

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net