[RC5] Getting the maximum performance out of a single processor machine

Gerald Richter glassman1 at neonshadow.net
Mon Jun 12 23:28:28 EDT 2000

Actually SMP support could be handled by a dos mode extender... DOS
doesn't handle applications that are more then 16 bit, dnetc is 32-bit,
therefore it already has to be using an extender. One would have to add
SMP support to the extender to spin up the additional cpu(s), but one
could do SMP in dos... It'd just be a real bitch for whomever is making
the SMP enabled extender...

-Gerald Richter