[RC5] Getting the maximum performance out of a single processor machine

cyb97 cyb97 at noxtension.com
Wed Jun 14 22:39:38 EDT 2000

on 13.06.2000 18:11:37, the guilty party (ie. Kelley Cook), stuck his/her head out with the following anouncement:
>--- Dennis Lubert <plasmahh at dialup.nacamar.de> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This works for single processor machines only, but if someone knows
>> how to support SMP under DOS, please let me know. Perhaps it would
>> be also nice to implement (if possible) this TCP/IP int the
>> DOS-client.
>
>Actually Linux is a good alternative solution.  Running without X and
>with no other damons running should be as fast as DOS w/MS-client and
>it works with SMP too.
>
>And it also will fit onto a floppy.

Perhaps distributed.net should release a linux distro with everything you need
for starting to crack on a floppy... That way it would save everybody loads of
time every time they want to set up a machine solely for cracking....

just my $.02

--
cyb97 / noXtension

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net