[RC5] Getting the maximum performance out of a single processor machine

Scott Campbell pondafarr at microgear.net
Sat Jun 17 20:53:38 EDT 2000

I got a couple answers back...basicly, Redhat will not work as a floppy
distro, but there are some options avail...two messages quoted follow:

1)Well you can always use toms root boot disk it gives you a
lot of support and would work as a mini distro check it out.
http://www.toms.net/rb/home.html
I use it for rescue but it is a good distro

--Mel Sojka

2)There are alot of mini-distros out there. I've used PocketLinux and it's
pretty good.  It's
got vi and full network support.  I'm not sure of the address, I downloaded
it a goodly
while back and I don't remember where I got it from.  I believe that Tucows
Linux has a
section devoted to mini-dristros

--Jason

Scott Campbell