[RC5] Getting the maximum performance out of a single processor machine

Satya satyap at satya.virtualave.net
Mon Jun 19 00:18:38 EDT 2000

On Jun 16, 2000 at 21:46, Scott Campbell wrote:

>I can ask my SBLUG group about that... (Shreveport/Bossier Linux User's
>Group)  I'll get a good answer in about a day...

I was trying to do this a few months ago. Recent re-acquisition of
obsolete hardware ("I got my old computer back") prompted me to try
again. So far I've come up with a DOS-based thingy that sucks
like... well, it sucks.

Here's the mail I sent to my LUG:

#I have a Pentium 60MHz headless keyboardless box with only a floppy drive
#(that too shared manually (power down, switch drives, power up) between 2
#computers) and 16MB (wasted, EDO) RAM. It has a display card.

#Now, I want a single-floppy linux installation on that. Requirements:
#Enough free space for dnetc executable
#Serial port telnet (null modem connection)
#Single luser mode

They came up with Trinux DLF and a few other pointers. Now for my next
problem: How to log into this box on the serial port via null-modem.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net