[RC5] Getting the maximum performance out of a single processormachine

cyb97 cyb97 at noxtension.com
Mon Jun 19 13:36:40 EDT 2000

on 18.06.2000 18:48:38, the guilty party (ie. Satya), stuck his/her head out with the following anouncement:
>#Now, I want a single-floppy linux installation on that. Requirements:
>#Enough free space for dnetc executable
>#Serial port telnet (null modem connection)
>#Single luser mode
>
>They came up with Trinux DLF and a few other pointers. Now for my next
>problem: How to log into this box on the serial port via null-modem.

Some of the reason I want to make "our" own distro is that we can call it our own, and
have 100% control over what goes into it... but I'm totally for ripping of other distros,
so I'm going to get Trinux and some other things from freshmeat and have a look...
No point in doing work somebody else has done before you...

In addition to my last mail to get serial port telnet (why not use tcp/ip based telnet?)
You need to make sure that you have compiled in support of serial console and serial
ports.... and then it's just a matter of starting a getty or another tty daemon and hook it
up to /dev/ttySx (or /dev/cuax if you are using an old kernel)

--
cyb97 / noXtension

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net