[RC5] ini file listing for latest clients?

Andreas Beckmann andreasb at distributed.net
Thu Jun 22 02:09:16 EDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Quill <distributed-rc5 at bryant-broadcast.co.uk>
To: rc5 at lists.distributed.net <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Date: Thursday, June 22, 2000 12:57 AM
Subject: [RC5] ini file listing for latest clients?

>Is there a complete listing of the INI file contents for the latest
>clients? I looked on the faq on distributed.net's site but couldn't find
>one.
No, there is no such list. The options differ between the releases and the OSes as well.

>I have just updated to dnetc v2.8009-460-CTR-00060723 for Win32 and I
>can't appear to set it up the way I used to with the old GUI version
>(2.7?).
Use dnetc -config for configuration. All options are explained.

>I used to set the input buffer to a figure greater than 1 and the output
>buffer to 1 so that the client flushed it's blocks immediately but the
>input buffer had enough blocks to cope with my personal proxy being
>down.
Threshold settings have changed a lot since 2.7: Packets -> work units, flush threshold is gone, advanced frequent options...

AndreasB
-----
CPU time is a terrible thing to waste!
Join the world's fastest computer - http://www.distributed.net - Team #11292