[RC5] Getting the maximum performance out of a single processor machine

Gerald Richter glassman1 at neonshadow.net
Wed Jun 21 20:16:11 EDT 2000

Neill R Smith wrote:

> or how about a cd-image for those of us with cd-r drives, and who can boot
> from cd's? would have to store the buffers in ram though i guess.

Why waste the cd on 1mb of data? :o/ I could see building a boot cd
however. Just an extension of one of the floppy projects. Heh. Slackware
comes with a perfectly usable boot & root fs for eltorito format cdrom
booting. 2.88MB floppy image. Made for installation, but it couldn't be
too hard to work with as a starting place (nuke the install stuff and
put dnetc support in?)

-Gerald

--
* glassman1 at neonshadow.net ->  Lord  Phear  <- ICQ UIN 8838302     *