[RC5] ini file listing for latest clients?

Wilson, Bruce bwilson at fers.com
Wed Jun 21 19:19:07 EDT 2000

Hi, Simon.

The buffer maintenance options have changed drastically with -460.
The old method may not be needed anymore, because dnetc has options
that specify something very similar.

It's preferred that you not flush after every block, as this
generates more traffic than necessary.  We could be doing this for
another three years yet.  Waiting 24 hours to get your work isn't
likely to make a big difference.  }:8)

All the documentation most people need on configuring the client are
inside the client itself.  If you have the cow icon in your tray, you
can right-click and choose Configure.  If not, go to a DOS prompt,
change to the directory where the client is installed, and type
"dnetc -config".  (Actually, you can use this even if you see the Cow
in your tray.)  The choices are the same whichever path you choose.
The built-in config is the preferred way of configuring, since it
will validate your input, and let you see new options that are
available.

__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com
PGP KeyID: 5430B995, http://www.lasthome.net/~bwilson

"There is always a way, and it usually doesn't work."