[RC5] athlon slooooow

Tom Van Wesemael tom.van.wesemael at pandora.be
Sun Mar 5 01:37:43 EST 2000

Hey,

Run CPU check program.
My athlon 600 seems to be screwed up too ...
280 KKeys/s, I ran CPU test, outcome: You have a "Malfunctioning
Athlon 600" :(((
> hi,
> i just got an athlon 700 and while im aware that there is no athlon optimized core yet, i really thought it would be able to at least brute force better than im seeing.  i benchmarked all cores in the current dnetc client and can do no better than 301,000 keys/s.  i thought i was reading it
wrong at first, but that is indeed the case.  then i thought maybe the bench was just off, ran it for a bit and never broke 300 kkeys/s.  this machine is running win98.  my sun ultra5 running redhat does better than this athlon...its a sad sad day.  anyone know wtf?