[RC5] athlon slooooow

john john+distributed at kanaka.net
Mon Mar 6 17:42:42 EST 2000

hi,
i wasnt going to post a follow up, but it seems others have had/are having the same problems.  everything is all good now.  i did two things (unfortunately, so i dont know if it was one or both that fixed it):
- i have the asus k7m and there was a chipset driver fix for win9x on the asus website, installed that
- as it was rebooting, i went into the bios and selected the 'optimal' presets.

when it booted up, everything was much faster, and i was getting 2.14 Mkeys/s rc5 rate.

so its all good now.  i am leaning toward the problem being the chipset driver, cuz the bios settings seemed fine before...and im not exactly certain what all got changed with the 'optimal' presets...
hope this helps some of you.
-j