[RC5] Value of CPU time?

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Tue Mar 7 10:18:52 EST 2000

If you were to try something like this as a business model, a bundling deal with companies like FreePC or PeoplePC would make more sense.

Having a distributed computing client automatically loaded on these machines would add almost zero cost. So the consumer would pay the same $30 per month. However, the distributed computing company would pay FreePC based on the amount of work all their subscribers do collectively.

This busniess model could be extended to the Dells And Compaqs of the world. but since they're not "renting" the machine, there might be some issues about consumer permission and privacy, etc.

	-ryan-