[RC5] Value of CPU time?

RCI136 at aol.com RCI136 at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 02:19:59 EST 2000

This stuff about ProcessTree Network being an illegal pyramid scheme is
getting real old! The negative, paranoid and misinformed members of this
mailing list should go here: http://www.mlmlegal.com/schemes.html <> or here:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/pyrdalrt.htm  so that you can have
a better understanding on what an illegal pyramid scheme is and is not.

I understand that the ProcessTree web site is quite plain and could be
somewhat suspicious to some people. I had my doubts so I check them out and
found nothing that would point to a bunch of scam artist out to steal your
money, which would be hard to do because it's free to sign up (unlike a
pyramid scheme) and there is no legal obligations. With the recent success of
paid to surf programs such as AllAdvantage I think the tier referral system
is a good way to promote the program, as good if not better than come look
for ET or come do some brute force password cracking! While SETI at home and
Distributed.Net are processing useful data they are mostly just test beds for
the type of commercial distributed computing that ProcessTree and other
companies would like to do.

I believe that most people involved in distributed computing would like a
little reimbursement for there time and effort. The few misinformed people
that go around crying wolf is a hindrance to the goal of 'for-pay'
distributed processing and is why I felt something needed to be said.

Just my opinion,

Jim Archer
jim at northwestweather.com
http://setiweb.org/teamusa