[RC5] Value of CPU time?

Seth H. Bokelman seth.bokelman at uni.edu
Tue Mar 7 16:39:33 EST 2000

Jim, I understand what you're saying about knee-jerk reactions, and I
agree with what you've said about it not being a pyramid scheme.  I
currently use AllAdvantage, as well as eads, both of which reward you
for referring other people to them.  However, to gain some
credibility among the distributed.netters ProcessTree is going to
actually have to come up with a project that will bring in money and
then pay out some money to the members as well.  I'd sure switch to
any service that paid me money for my CPU time, but I'm not going to
start handing out a bunch of info about myself to every Joe who puts
up a web site and claims to have a way to make money at some point in
the future.  I think some people were also put off by you listing a
URL which would have made you a lot of money if everyone signed up
via it.  Granted, you did refer everyone to the service, but next
time just point out to people that you would be profiting from it,
and they'll probably be a lot more reasonable.

That said, I hope that ProcessTree does take off, I know many people
who'd use it.

- -Seth H. Bokelman