[RC5] Value of CPU time?

Filipe Joel Almeida fja at mail.nbporto.novabase.pt
Thu Mar 9 08:23:15 EST 2000

> I'm putting my hand up as one of the people invloved in distributed
> computing
> as NOT wanting to be paid for _volunteering_ my cpu's for work
>
> I've heard of this thing called a job, its something you do and get
> paid for.
> I'll try that first!

I seccond that!! Besides, Almost all the computers I have running RC5 are
company PCs, so, it would be illegal for me to receive money for the
company's CPU time...

I think this 'pay-per-CPU-cycle' is a bit premature. Why don't we just let
the network grow and see what can we accomplish and then, if someone is
willing to pay for our CPU-time, we'll see... >

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net