[RC5] Teraflops

ENOJON at delphi.com ENOJON at delphi.com
Tue Mar 14 16:21:17 EST 2000

<<
>From someone who actually has a top-o-the-line PPro, what's the keyrate
like?

-Zorba>>

A P6 core you mean?  Intel-branded?  A Xeon would have been that
model w/1024K L2 cache.  Intel also markets a 320K L2 Socket-370
compatible PIII.  Celerons have p6 core but only 128K L2.

Athlons would be the "top-o-line" for p6-compatible--1GHz.

>From what I see of cpu stats, Athlons hit nearly 4Mkeys/sec using
750Mhz [compare to the PowerPC G4's with Altivec-supercharging
@ 450Mhz / 1M L2 w/ equivalent rates].

-Bill Picos

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net