[RC5] Teraflops

Forbes_Thayne at emc.com Forbes_Thayne at emc.com
Mon Mar 13 20:08:15 EST 2000

There is more to this machine than just 9000 processors.

It uses a semi-proprietary network fabric to coordinate it's efforts.  That
fabric would "totally smash dnet to pieces", so coin a phrase.  It is an
impressive bit of machinery.

(I can't remember what sort of NDA I signed, so I can't tell you anything
interesting, but I bet you could find out more about this computer at
www.top500.org).