[RC5] Value of CPU time?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Tue Mar 14 22:26:58 EST 2000

ENOJON at delphi.com wrote:

> <<So I don't see anything immoral about installing a
> distributed computing client on a machine that's rented
> from PeoplePC, so long as it is metnioned in the rental
> agreement. As I mentioned in my previous posts, [...]

i haven't seen it mentioned yet so here it is,,, are they even going to
be 'awake' enough to understand what this item is not to mention the
nagging question of what to do if they don't have an internet
line/account? there are still a great many out there who rent a computer
instead of a phone line, there are just as many who have a computer with
a line but can't keep the line paid up or can't keep the internet
account paid up... all those random keys going to waste... and what
email address are they all going to be credited to?

things that make you go, "hummmmm....."

-=B-)

--
          _o    Bike       o_          Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
       -- <,_   Collider  _,>  --      mailto:wkitty42 at alltel.net
     --  _>(_)  Project  (_)<_  --     ftp://ftp.wpusa.dynip.com
    --  (_)                 (_)  --    http://www.wpusa.dynip.com
                                       telnet://bbs.wpusa.dynip.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net