[RC5] Lousy Mac 2.8007-458 performance

Eno Jon enojon at delphi.com
Sat Mar 18 23:37:51 EST 2000

I've noticed the same; my observations are that the former GUI client allowed
manipulation of the priority of the client while 2.800x [SIOUX] does not.  Also,
MacOS 8+ prevents the "foreground, dominating" process assignment of
MacOS 7.5-7.6.

To compare 2.7x gave me 753k keys/sec vs approx 590-620k keys/sec -- on
604e/200, although it still shames similar frequency Intel processors.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net