[RC5] RC5 performance degradation with Windows 2000 Professional

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 18 06:40:48 EST 2000

At 11:16 AM 3/16/2000 -0800, Steven Ringwald wrote:
>How much memory do you have in the machine? If it is less than 64mb, I think
>that Win2k will spend a lot of time in the system processes swapping pages
>in and out.

The machine has plenty of memory (128 MB).

Here is some more data.  I rebooted Friday a.m.  Since then:

CPU Uptime:             21:00 hours
RC5 CPU time:   18:30 hours

In other words, RC5 got 88% of the available CPU.  But the key rate is
about 1/2 what it once was, before upgrading to Windows 2000.  I did
upgrade to 2.8004 to 2.8007 at the same time, could this have something to
do with it?  Running

         dnetc -bench rc5

says that Core #2 (RG Class 6) is the best at 1.8M keys/sec, and that is
the core that was reported to have been auto-selected.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>
http://jjr.ne.mediaone.net/   <--- new (old?) location