[RC5] RC5 performance degradation with Windows 2000 Professional

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Fri Mar 17 13:01:05 EST 2000

Actually, depending on how the OS's scheduler works, swapping will *help*
your keyrate. While a thread is waiting for pages to come back off of disk,
the scheduler will give time to other processes that are not pagelocked.

Though, in the end, whatever app is swapping will probably use just as many
CPU cycles anyway... *shrug*

Give your computer some brain-candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net