[RC5] Stats for OGR

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Mon Sep 11 04:41:55 EDT 2000

The RC5 blocks were most likely dupes. We've been re-issuing some (very)
old subspaces for quite some time now. This changes the odds of old work
being duped... it used to be somewhat unlikely for old work units to be
marked as dupes, as it had been a long time since we had recycled. Now,
any old blocks that you submit stand a very, very good chance of being
marked as dupes. The odds of a 'fresh' work unit have also gone up,
because it is possible that we will receive an old result for a unit
that we recently reissued, but haven't gotten the 'new' result back on
yet.

As for the OGR work, we were originally filtering out some work as
invalid that actually wasn't. We have a log of all the work that was
filtered and will be adding it back into stats, but it will be a while
before this happens. The filter has been changed in the meantime.

Moo!
dB!