[RC5] possible third project...

Peter Cordes peter at llama.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Aug 3 03:04:29 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 10:24:15AM -0500, Ryan Malayter wrote:
> Hey, you're right. I was fat-fingering the parenthesis keys on my
> calculator, so my exponents weren't fractional.
>
> Sometimes I wish I still had a copy of Maple...

 There's always octave.  It's a matlab clone, not maple (yes I know
the diff, I use both), but that's enough for this job, and it's Free,
in both important senses of the word.  If you just need a calculator,
though, use bc.  (This should be available on any Unix system.) octave
web page: www.octave.org.  (There is a windows version, which is just
Unix octave compiled with cygwin libraries.  It works fine.)

 I don't use a hand-calculator when I'm at my computer, since my
computer has a nicer UI and more screen real-estate :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net