[RC5] Packet Lifetime

Mike Henry dnetc at mrtickle.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 20:52:04 EDT 2001

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:31:56 -0500, Bruce Wilson wrote:
>It depends.  We generally give as long as possible after issuing the
>keys before recycling them, but the closer we get to 100% of a project,
>the shorter the recycle time becomes.  Some blocks we last handed out
>six months ago still haven't been recycled.

Which of those two answers is correct, please - they can't both be
right?

OGR-24 started 392 days ago, but it's just dribbling along. It's sad and
depressing to watch, and I don't think it's good for distributed.net.
Only 8 people submitted work yesterday according to the stats page.

We are being held to ransom by a few people with slow machines (I blame
the client for having a default which causes you to download FAR too
much OGR work) - it'll be months before they submit all the blocks they
are holding.

Please, please, PLEASE can't we just say enough is enough, recycle the
remaining OGR-24 blocks, finish it off, and give it a dignified burial?

Cheers
Mike
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net