[RC5] Stop OGR24

Mike Henry dnetc at mrtickle.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 00:36:51 EDT 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:01:39 -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
> I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stubs that are still out there
>are ones that take a lot longer than average to finish.  (some of the
>non-reissued stubs are certainly due to people dropping out of d.net,
>and/or downloading too many work units on a slow computer, but that
>might not be the only reason.)

At the risk of repeating myself - another reason is that the default
settings cause the client to download about a month's worth of work for
OGR, even on a very fast machine. It's all too easy for someone to start
working on OGR (or their client switch over automatically), then decide
that it's taking too long and abandon OGR, leaving tons of blocks
stashed away never to be worked on.

Please can this default be reduced by a lot!

Mike
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net