[RC5] Error in ogr-25 stats

Bruce Wilson bwilson at distributed.net
Sat Aug 25 21:38:04 EDT 2001

Not all work submitted is displayed in those rankings.

People who spam our participants, or who perform unauthorized installs,
are hidden from the stats display and made ineligible for winning any
prize.

In addition, a certain amount of work each day is submitted from poorly
formed e-mail addresses.

There are also a lot of participants who never change the default e-mail
address from rc5 at distributed.net.  This address is not displayed because
it represents quite a lot of work over the years, and we found that
displaying this work as a "participant" was confusing or misleading to
many people.

All three of these sources of work still contribute to the total work on
that page.  This is why the totals do not match.

__

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)