[RC5] Dnetc-Virus

Remco Sonnema Remco at raforce.nl
Sat Dec 1 17:56:06 EST 2001

Its all explained on the Norton security page..

The Virus works like this

It installs the dnetc (distributed.net client)..on machines without the
owner knowing anything about it.
That is all it does. the dnetc isn't the virus. it's the payload..

Someone desperately wanted more keys I guess.

For example.. if the virus had spread enough.. and there would be like
10000 infected computers..
Than all those infected computers would crack keys from dnet. And upload
them as if they were from somebody else..
And that person would be on top of the stats within days..!!

Guess it never happened like that..

Regards,
Remco