[RC5] I think we found our next contest...

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Wed Dec 5 21:19:37 EST 2001

Unless you've found a cryptanalytic attack on AES that is *much* more
efficient than the brute force method used for DES and RC5 by d.net, we
can't.

Tryng brute force, it would take d.net 2^64 times as many computer
operations to crack AES vs. RC4. Even if d.net had a billion times the
computing power it has now, it would still take >25 billion years to
brute-force crack a 128-bit key. The sun would burn out first!

253D19472,00.asp

Aaron.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net