[RC5] I think we found our next contest...

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Thu Dec 6 12:48:52 EST 2001

At 06.12.2001 03:19, Ryan Malayter wrote:
>Unless you've found a cryptanalytic attack on AES that is *much* more
>efficient than the brute force method used for DES and RC5 by d.net, we
>can't.
>
>Tryng brute force, it would take d.net 2^64 times as many computer
>operations to crack AES vs. RC4. Even if d.net had a billion times the
>computing power it has now, it would still take >25 billion years to
>brute-force crack a 128-bit key. The sun would burn out first!

<sarcasm>
On the other hand, perhaps it's a good idea, that way the dnet staff don't
have to do much for a "couple" of years...

Seeing as they're all busy with their proper jobs atm...
</sarcasm>

--
andreas landmark / noXtension
andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
We are Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net