[RC5] I think we found our next contest...

tomdv at datatx.com tomdv at datatx.com
Fri Dec 7 12:40:05 EST 2001

Dear Ryan,

I agree that taking on AES is a tall order. I even agree that it is
virtually impossible to crack it. But RC5-64 itself is also running for
more than two years now. Guess what, it is still doing fine. It is
actually doing better than OGR-24.

The point is not so much as seeing it as an impossible thing but rather
than the contest amongst the participants. Stats are what a lot of people
like about RC5-64 . So from that point of view, you will have lots of
stats and a long time lasting project.

So, once RC5-64 is done and if dnet wants to have a go at AES, count me
in.

Bye for now,
Tom