[RC5] I think we found our next contest...

Bruce Wilson bwilson at distributed.net
Tue Dec 11 11:04:34 EST 2001

The biggest "lag" for adding new contests is finding someone who
understands the problem posed and is capable of writing a distributed
core for it.  OGR is a fairly complex algorithm to implement compared
to some of these, so I'm optimistic that if we were to find people
who are willing and able to migrate to the d.net structure, we could
do it without much pain.

Your point about the lag for d.net is well made, though.  I apologize
for the part I have played in delays in the past, and I hope I will
be able to be more productive in the future.

__

rm -rf /bin/laden  && chmod 0777 /dev/freedom