[RC5] MOSIX

Jonathan Smith jsmith at cygnacom.com
Wed Dec 12 14:51:13 EST 2001

Yes, but their are a couple of things to be aware of.

I think all the blocks will seem to come from the system which spawned the
processes, not the machine that they migrated to;  I'm not certain of than,
and if you don't run a perproxy to monitor your own stats, it is a non
issue.

The 2nd and bigger item is that the dnetc client autodetects the number of
cpus (by default) but it doesn't detect the apparent number of cpus in the
mosix cluster, so you will have to manually set the number of cpus so the
client spawns enough thread to migrate across the cluster to all available
boxes.  (or you could just start enough clients to do the same thing)

	- Jonathan Smith