[RC5] I think we found our next contest...

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Dec 14 12:09:46 EST 2001

Aaron W. Swenson <aswenson at frontiernet.net> wrote:
>And yeah, AES might take to long, but it won't
>be long before we can crack that code in 22 hours
>as well (under ten years.)

Only if large-scale quantum computers become a reality in the next decade,
which is improbable. Other wise, it will take 108 years of Moore's law
improvements in conventional computing power (which is also improbable,
because of atomic size limits on transistors) before 128-bit AES is as easy
to brute-force as DES.

:::Ryan Malayter
:::Bank Administration Institute
:::Chicago, Illinois, USA