[RC5] I think we found our next contest...

Dave Huang khym at azeotrope.org
Fri Dec 14 15:48:47 EST 2001

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
> I realize that Intel and AMD aren't the only CPU manufacturers, and that
> there have been 64bit processors for a while now.  However, the point I was
> trying to make, was that it wouldn't be long before 64bit processing makes
> it to Joe Sixpack.

Maybe so, but my point is that even as more powerful computers make it
to the masses, it'll still take a _long_ time before AES is crackable.
And what's the benefit of trying? No money, no scientific value, no
demonstration that AES is actually weak and easy to crack...

As one of the dnet guys has said, dnet is not gonna try to crack AES.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net