[RC5] I think we found our next contest...

Andreas D. Landmark andreas.landmark at noxtension.com
Sat Dec 15 02:28:21 EST 2001

At 14.12.2001 23:14, Ryan Malayter wrote:
>Aaron W. Swenson wrote:
> >A lot can happen in ten years.
>
>Yes, but pigs will not fly in 10 years, the sun will not burn out, and the
>Cubs will not win the World Series either.

One of these is more probable than the other, genetic research would probably
impact either the Cubs or Pigs, you decide which ;-).

>There are some things, like brute-force cracking AES, that are *extremely*
>unlikely to happen in the next decade.

And frankly I can't see the point of brute-force cracking AES unless there's a
*HEFTY* amount of greenbacks involved. Why brute-force something that on
the paper seems very secure?

It doesn't really prove any point... it's just a waste of usefull cycles (and
energy).

--
Andreas D Landmark / noXtension
Real Time, adj.: