[RC5] ATARI ST?

John Campbell jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com
Sun Jan 14 19:59:45 EST 2001

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, richard L. King Jr. wrote:

> you could concievably rewrite the client to use it. but it will run
> sloooooooow!
> my pure c cracker only runs 50kkps on an amd k6-2 500 mhz.

	Wow. No offense, but... that's awful. I've got a 486DX2-50 that runs
50kk/s with the official d.net core...

	Of course, you want slow, I have a 386SX-16 that peaks about 5kk/s.
My K7-650 cracked more keys the first day it was up than that 386 has in its
entire working lifespan.

	And while we're doing useless ports, how about a 16-bit x86 Minix
port? I could get this 286-8 I'm logged in through right now *and* its twin
sister cracking if I had one of those... I haven't tackled the job myself
because I figure my time would be better spent cracking blocks by hand....

---
John Campbell
jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com

QotD:
QotD:  A lack of leadership is no substitute for inaction.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net