[RC5] Stats suggestion

Michael Pelletier mike at aidoann.com
Fri Jan 5 08:06:52 EST 2001

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Stephen Berg wrote:

> Or maybe 7, 30 and 90.  Wouldn't the calculation for this still need
> to retrieve daily values for every day being computed?  I think that
> was one of the drawbacks of adding this feature since it would have
> to do that for each and every participant along with the normal
> daily processing.

The eponential average equation contains only one historical value -
yesterday's exponential average.  The only time you'd have to pull
values from every day under consideration is the first time you generate
these values for the database, unless you wanted to just start from
square one and ignore historical data, and let it build up over the days
and weeks.  Just seed yesterday's exponential average with yesterday's
value modified by some factor, or zero, and let it roll forward.

	-Michael Pelletier.
--
Self Defense is Common Sense - http://www.a-human-right.com/
     http://www.firearmsfreedom.net/guncontrol/